Manulife Monthly High Income Fund
- Loblaw Companies Ltd. is preparing to pilot a grocery click-and-collect program, which will allow shoppers to order online and pick up their completed order at stores.
- A Loblaws location on High Tech Road in the Toronto suburb of Richmond Hill has set up a bright red archway in its parking lot that marks the assigned parking spots for "click&collect" customers.
- Subscribers to the new service will soon be able to choose their groceries online and pay with a credit card. Customers then drive to the assigned, red-painted parking spots and wait for an employee to bring the purchases to their car.
- While click- and collect is not well-known in Canada, the service is widely used in Europe and at some stores in the U.S., to service time-starved customers who don’t have time to shop themselves.
- In France, one in five shoppers report having used click-and-collect services from grocery chains, according to Canadian Grocer editor Rob Gerlsbeck.
- Loblaw Companies is a 3.2% weight in the portfolio.